Wednesday, October 16, 2013

More light!


A few days ago, Kelly, from I Have A Notion, wrote about her new LED light strip for her sewing machine. So, I have to show mine, too!

A year or so ago, my son bought a roll of LED light strips. He made a long, six rows wide, light for over our stove. It's fantastically bright! He gave me the leftovers from the roll. and I mounted them on a piece of soft plastic. Then he connected the little strips, added a switch and a plug. I velcroed the lights under  the throat of the machine.

Result: Lots more light to sew with! What a difference! And, at a cost considerably less than the special sewing machine lights sold these days.




Enjoy!

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. What a smart idea! That means you are sewing something? What? Still my curiosity, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! Where did you buy those strips here in Israel?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!