Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some quilt show photos

 
I've been lazy about posting. I was away the whole of last week at my daughter up north taking care of my three month old grandson and spending time with his 2 1/2 yo sister. My daughter went back to work, so this was a good chance to spend some time with them. She goes to gan (nursery school) and he's going to a babysitter now.


When I went to visit my grandson (and daughter and son in law) in Miami Beach in November, I managed to choose a great week to be there. The World Quilt show was in West Palm Beach that weekend and I was thrilled to be able to get there on Friday.

I took photos of a lot of the quilts that appealed to me and here are some of them. Remember, click on any photo to enlarge.

This one was Best of Show. Just look at that quilting and the tiny stippling!




Best Use of Color:



Best Machine Workmanship:

 

Best of Country, Australia. You have to look at that detail in the closeup!




The next three did not get any awards, I just really like them.








Enjoy!

Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures of your beautiful grandchildren. They are just too cute!
    I enjoyed seeing the quilts too! I would have enjoyed going to see them also.
    Etty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolute darlings your grandchildren are! You are blessed! Love the quilts, yes you did pick a good week to visit, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable grandkids!

    Thanks for sharing those exceptional quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at that show last year and also thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Aren't grandchildren the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!